Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default waterproof junction box

On 07/05/2019 21:34, Mike wrote:

I'm installing a LED floodlight outside below a wooden soffit. It would
be neat for the cable to go up to the soffit into a junction box where
the 1mm2 lighting can enter from the loft. So in effect like a ceiling
rose, but waterproof. I haven't found a j/b that expects a cable entry /
exit from its mounting surface. But I bet one of you have.

How about:

- 63mm hole in soffit
- round, plastic dry liner box*
- Wago connectors in the box
- hole drilled in centre of box cover* - with grommet - for flex to
light to exit /but/ loose enough to allow any condensation in box to drain

*I've only seen white plastic so may need application of paint to match
soffit

--
Robin