Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Bennet Andy Bennet is offline

Default waterproof junction box

On 08/05/2019 03:55, Bill Wright wrote:
On 07/05/2019 21:34, Mike wrote:

I'm installing a LED floodlight outside below a wooden soffit. It would
be neat for the cable to go up to the soffit into a junction box where
the 1mm2 lighting can enter from the loft. So in effect like a ceiling
rose, but waterproof. I haven't found a j/b that expects a cable entry /
exit from its mounting surface. But I bet one of you have.

--
let the dog out.

If you mean you're going to drill the soffit and fit the JB under the
hole, there might be a problem with condensate running down into the
box. Personally I'd want to fit a box on the wall and take all the
cables in via its bottom surface.

Bill

You could fit a plastic cable gland to the back of the box and make the
soffit hole big enough to accomodate it. I always add a pack of
dessicant to outside boxes (but thats just me).