Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default waterproof junction box

Yes have a little downward loop so water can drip off the bottom of the
loop.

However I have encountered something like he wants but it looked decidedly
like a home made box, ie with home cut holes with glands fitted. The sort
of abs box you used to get at Tandy, and a standard terminal strip inside
it.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Bill Wright" wrote in message
On 07/05/2019 21:34, Mike wrote:

I'm installing a LED floodlight outside below a wooden soffit. It would
be neat for the cable to go up to the soffit into a junction box where
the 1mm2 lighting can enter from the loft. So in effect like a ceiling
rose, but waterproof. I haven't found a j/b that expects a cable entry /
exit from its mounting surface. But I bet one of you have.

--
let the dog out.

If you mean you're going to drill the soffit and fit the JB under the
hole, there might be a problem with condensate running down into the box.
Personally I'd want to fit a box on the wall and take all the cables in
via its bottom surface.

Bill