Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacement Balusters

In article ,
Clive Arthur wrote:

...which is an expired Isle-of-Wight-bay listing. They're identical,
and we're near Reading, so obviously not unique. Getting them made
would be expensive because of the square section and the two are
different - one is from a horizontal run along a landing and the other
is a shortened angled version from floor to underside of next flight.

I had several broken or missing when I bought this Victorian house. Got a
local woodworking shop to turn up some matching ones. Wasn't that
expensive. 40 years ago. But have you checked local timber merchants?
Several in London do supply this sort of spindle now. But may not be
identical. Or a re-claim yard.

--
*Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.