Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Crimp sleeve or alternate ideas...

"dpb" wrote in message ...
On 5/6/2019 3:22 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Mon, 6 May 2019 14:16:12 -0500, dpb wrote:
On 5/6/2019 12:22 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

"dpb" wrote in message
On 5/6/2019 7:57 AM, Clare Snyder wrote:

The flatlands of Kansas are ideal for pedal bikes - not bat for
motorbikes either .

Dirt roads and goatheads pretty much play havoc...

Doesnt stop them here. I choose to walk for exercise on
the hill at the back of this town where there are dirt tracks
that can only be used for walking or bikes of both types
and quite often have pedal bikes zoom past. We also
have these which are a real problem for pedal bikes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribulus_terrestris

That is a goathead, yes...

Current off-road bikes probably have tires that are more suited or maybe
they're even foamed? -- a traditional bike tire of my yut' wouldn't
survive 15 minutes, typically.ood hard surface...

Those damned things will do in a car or off-road vehicle tire too.
Not as common on roads as on trails though - right? Need good kevlar
belted tires - like Conti Gatorskins fitted with Kenda Thorn Resistant
tubes. Or mabee a Tannus Airless.

"They're everwhere, they're everywhere!!!"

While they aren't generally growing out in the traffic part of the roads,
they're rampant in ditches and along road edges and the goatheads get
scattered all over by the road graders when they dig up the bar
ditches/reclaim gravel...

Not much in the way of developed trails out here...can't think of any in
the County, matter of fact...ya' just walk where ya' wanta' walk on the
prairie; not much to stop you nor much in the general nature of any
particular reason to choose one place vis a vis another...

Ours arent prepared trails, they have developed over
time by the people and bikes moving over them.

The old rubbish dump does have some
pretty wild tracks on it use by trail bikes.