Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default CD-ROM drive.

On 05/05/2019 15:12, John Rumm wrote:
On 05/05/2019 08:32, Brian Gaff wrote:

The daft thing is that I have a Panasonic dvd ripper to usb stick
machine I
bought from Amazon at under 40 quid. it does work but to me is a little
limited in what it can do. Its a fair cd player, but has that
annoyance of
not playingÂ* classical cds with track markers without a glitch at
every one.
Â* Rubbish firmware?

No, itsÂ* a feature of many bits of playback software. Some can manage
gapless playback like later versions of Winamp, and also a program
called foobar2000. Apparently it should also be in VLC version 4 when
that is out of beta.

I'd have gone with rubbish firmware.

Compressed music has to be a whole number of blocks. Good software would
move the track marker a tad to make sure there isn't a bit of silence
between the files.

Andy