Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default CD-ROM drive.

The daft thing is that I have a Panasonic dvd ripper to usb stick machine I
bought from Amazon at under 40 quid. it does work but to me is a little
limited in what it can do. Its a fair cd player, but has that annoyance of
not playing classical cds with track markers without a glitch at every one.
Rubbish firmware?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"John Rumm" wrote in message
On 04/05/2019 12:39, John Rumm wrote:
Attempting to fix an Audio Solutions CD jukebox. Basically a CD player
with an HD that you can rip CDs to. HD and CD look to be standard PC
parts.

It the CD player drawer which is sticking. Won't open (from closed) on
the
button or close fully if you open it manually. But does motor most of
the
way to either. Cleaned it up and re-greased the bits which were greased
before, and the drive belt looks OK, but still the same.

The drive is a Lite-On LTN 529S, IDE.

I've got a couple of spare ancient CD drives that still work, but they
are
longer than this one so won't fit. But the one I tried (a Packard Bell)
did work OK with it, so it may be near any CD-ROM would be OK.

The older drive is about 210mm long. The Lite-On about 180mm.

Looked on Ebay, and can find a new Lite-On in the US, but going to be
too
expensive.

Anyone guess at an equivalent that is going to be cheaper? Is there an
easy way of identifying between the long and short drives in an Ebay ad
by
description?

Don't know about ebay, but checking the specs on the drive makers web
site will usually tell you.

FYI the dimensions of an Asus DRW-24D5MT DVD Re-Writer, SATA, 24x are
listed as 146 x 170 x 41 mm - (WxDxH). I usually pay about a tenner for
those. They also rip audio very quickly - typically doing a whole CD in
under 3 mins.

Oops, missed the bit about being IDE...

I have a LG CD/RW model CGE 8527B from c. 2005 you can have if you want.
Its 170mm deep.

--
Cheers,

John.