Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Miller[_5_] John Miller[_5_] is offline

Default CD-ROM drive.

/
In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
Don't know about ebay, but checking the specs on the drive makers web
site will usually tell you.

FYI the dimensions of an Asus DRW-24D5MT DVD Re-Writer, SATA, 24x are
listed as 146 x 170 x 41 mm - (WxDxH). I usually pay about a tenner
for those. They also rip audio very quickly - typically doing a whole
CD in under 3 mins.

Oops, missed the bit about being IDE...

I have a LG CD/RW model CGE 8527B from c. 2005 you can have if you want.
Its 170mm deep.

Not certain a R/W drive would work with the inbuilt software driver? I've
no idea how old the unit is.

I've got an even older Relisys DVD ROM drive from 2002 lying about doing
nothing. Taken out of a previous PC and replaced with a R/W as I
remember. It was working OK when removed so should be OK. It is 198mm to
front of facia. You can have that one as well if it is any use to you.
John M