Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Crimp sleeve or alternate ideas...

On 5/4/2019 11:49 AM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Sat, 4 May 2019 09:37:24 -0500, dpb wrote:
On 5/3/2019 6:17 PM, trader_4 wrote:

How about a piece of copper tubing or similar that will slip over it?

Well, that was my idea...excepting I'm finding nothing of suitable ID/OD
for the sleeve which is the Q? ...

solid brass - drill to fit - or solid aluminum drill to fit, or tube
of either with too small ID and drill to fit.

If had milling or lathe facilities, yes...

If could find something suitable OD already pre-drilled even smaller,
yes, that might be do-able; but so far haven't found the magic part...

Altho, actually, a Nicopress #10 SWG might be just the ticket...have to
go rummage around and see what's left from the days we used to have to
keep up our own phone line to connect to main switchboard in town...