Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Crimp sleeve or alternate ideas...

On Fri, 3 May 2019 17:30:43 -0500, dpb wrote:

Yes...it's the style with a kerf down the middle of end of shaft leaving
the two semi-circular halves...one half had been broken off for quite
some time, finally the other gave way, too...

Of course, it's really cheap/weak metal shaft so it's not like it's all
that much torque to twist as there's very little cross-sectional area left.

The knob itself is just fine...

What type of control is it? Can you point us to a picture? Is this
the part that adjusts the clock?
What brand stove/oven? Can the shaft be readily removed from the
timer? Are you sure it''s pot metal? Zinc or aluminum? definitely not
ferrous?

A) Clock/timer functions
B) I've not found any; have to take one a post link...tomorrow, maybe.
C) Yes, and all the timed operation functions and timer
D) mid-80s GE -- specific parts unavailable(*)
D) "Readily?" probably not. Theoretically possible? Maybe...
E) Yes/Not Al/Yes

(*) In past there's been listed alternate electronic module altho I've
not checked whether it's still available or not.