Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Better electrical connection

On Fri, 3 May 2019 03:56:18 -0700 (PDT), A K
wrote:

On Wednesday, May 1, 2019 at 3:44:34 PM UTC-5, Tekkie® wrote:
A K posted for all of us...

I mainly work with 10 - 22 gauge wire.

I have been using the blade type connectors, but they are a bit klunky to attach.

Is there anything better that I can solder my wires to?

Thanks,
Andy

I think we would like to see what you were actually trying to accomplish.

There are many types/brands of connectors, soldering is old fashioned
depending on application.

--
Tekkie

I mostly solder electronic parts. Certainly necessary and not old fashioned.

Andy

Soldering terminals to flexible cable is pretty much frowned upon
these days. Certainly not acceptable in avionics or instrumentation.