Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] spuorgelgoog@gowanhill.com is offline

Default Gas meter ventilation

On Wednesday, 1 May 2019 20:11:18 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:
"You are to ensure that the meter position is naturally ventilated to the outside atmosphere to comply with BS6400.

All I can see within BS 6400 2:2018 regards ventilation are
a) if fitted in a meter housing, the housing requires 2% by area
ventilation if fitted above ground, or 6% by area if fitted below ground

which doesn't apply, as no meter box

and
b) as part of the risk assessment for the work, to "conform there is
adequate ventilation in the work area for the proposed activities"

I'll open the window during any soldering.

That corresponds with what I thought. Maybe it's a standard paragraph in all their quotes.

Thanks

Owain