Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Just mounted & static balanced my 30th tire in about five years -saving over $400

On Wednesday, May 1, 2019 at 1:34:21 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , says...

That's one of the reasons doing it at home is so convenient.
o Lifetime balance & rotation, for free in the convenience of your own home
o No appointment
o No wait
o Free coffee, ice cream, and donuts (if the wife picked them up that is)
etc.

If your wife paid for them they are not free. I thought you only dealt
with facts.

Where I have bought tires, I get about all of that but the food. Free
rotation, balance, and repairs to the tire. Also free flat fixing for
anyone in the family if they give them my telephone number. I can get
an appointment, or just drop in.

Many years ago I worked for Sears changing tires and changing oil and
plugs. They had an air operated changer that broke the beads and even
ran the thing that lifted the tire off and on the rim. Air jacks or
lifts and impact wrenches to take the rims off the cars. I would not
want to fight a tire with the HF tools no more than I change tires now.

+1

I said similar in another post.