Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] machtech357@gmail.com is offline

Default Wiring a 480V Single Phase Circuit

I have a bowl feeder that we recieved from China that is single phase 480. The control unit has a black and white wire with a ground. It's not difficult to find 480 single phase on your transformer. In this case a header machine. If your transformer doesn't have a legible diagram, just find your single phase 480 by checking between the legs on the transformer. If it's fed by 480V 3ph you should be able to find it. I'm not an electrician, just an industrial maintenance guy, but I've had to do this many times as China doesn't wire their machines like American or European manufacturers.