Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill[_91_] Bill[_91_] is offline

Default Garage door jerks when opening

Frojas wrote:
I've read and tried everything posted on this blog and NONE
worked for
me...but through other sites, a key element was pointed out, and
that was
about "Painted Issues". That, frustrated friends, was what caused
for my doors
to stick and obviously, jerked like crazy. I found that there was
paint overruns/drops, sticking to the inside of the
rubber seals, which eventually mate with the door panels and
although they
were a few months old and presumed dried, they were STILL STICKY.
I proceeded to remove ALL the overrun paint from the rubber seals
and that did
it. I should have replaced the rubber seals instead, but I chose
to do it MY
WAY.

Lubricate all of the moving parts, and see if that doesn't make
it work even better. I was surprised how much more quietly mine
worked after doing so (surely extending it's life too).