Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage door jerks when opening

I've read and tried everything posted on this blog and NONE worked for
me...but through other sites, a key element was pointed out, and that was
about "Painted Issues". That, frustrated friends, was what caused for my doors
to stick and obviously, jerked like crazy.
I found that there was paint overruns/drops, sticking to the inside of the
rubber seals, which eventually mate with the door panels and although they
were a few months old and presumed dried, they were STILL STICKY.
I proceeded to remove ALL the overrun paint from the rubber seals and that did
it. I should have replaced the rubber seals instead, but I chose to do it MY
WAY.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...g-1190243-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

Frojas wrote:
I've read and tried everything posted on this blog and NONE
worked for
me...but through other sites, a key element was pointed out, and
that was
about "Painted Issues". That, frustrated friends, was what caused
for my doors
to stick and obviously, jerked like crazy. I found that there was
paint overruns/drops, sticking to the inside of the
rubber seals, which eventually mate with the door panels and
although they
were a few months old and presumed dried, they were STILL STICKY.
I proceeded to remove ALL the overrun paint from the rubber seals
and that did
it. I should have replaced the rubber seals instead, but I chose
to do it MY
WAY.

Lubricate all of the moving parts, and see if that doesn't make
it work even better. I was surprised how much more quietly mine
worked after doing so (surely extending it's life too).