Posted to uk.d-i-y
David David is offline

Default Cat5E RJ45 modular socket - good source?

I've just diagnosed a fault with the wired Ethernet in the house
(diagnostic testers are a great help).

The tester showed that Pin 1 was not connected.

After some squinting into the socket - fair enough, one of the thin metal
bars for the contact between the plug and socket was up against the top,
not angled down. No idea how that happened.

Anyway, it must be 5 years since I wired the thing up (electrician ran
most of the cables) and I can find RJ45 plugs, but no RJ45 sockets.

The ones I want are the modular type which clip into a faceplate.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CAT5e-SOCKET-MODULE-MODULAR-OUTLET/dp/B008N9LYI2

seems to be what I want; can't remember them being that expensive.

Anyone recommend a budget supplier?

TIA

Dave R

---