Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cat5E RJ45 modular socket - good source?

I've just diagnosed a fault with the wired Ethernet in the house
(diagnostic testers are a great help).

The tester showed that Pin 1 was not connected.

After some squinting into the socket - fair enough, one of the thin metal
bars for the contact between the plug and socket was up against the top,
not angled down. No idea how that happened.

Anyway, it must be 5 years since I wired the thing up (electrician ran
most of the cables) and I can find RJ45 plugs, but no RJ45 sockets.

The ones I want are the modular type which clip into a faceplate.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CAT5e-SOCKET-MODULE-MODULAR-OUTLET/dp/B008N9LYI2

seems to be what I want; can't remember them being that expensive.

Anyone recommend a budget supplier?

TIA

Dave R

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David wrote:

The ones I want are the modular type which clip into a faceplate.

aka euro-module
Anyone recommend a budget supplier?

Amazon https://amazon.co.uk/dp/B07B98R2X6
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/04/2019 17:07, David wrote:

The ones I want are the modular type which clip into a faceplate.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CAT5e-SOCKET-MODULE-MODULAR-OUTLET/dp/B008N9LYI2

seems to be what I want; can't remember them being that expensive.

Anyone recommend a budget supplier?

These folks are good, and the Excel range of acessories are good quality
and nice to wi

https://www.comms-express.com/produc...ttered-module/

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CAT5e-SOCKE...LAR-OUTLET/dp/

B008N9LYI2

seems to be what I want; can't remember them being that expensive.

Anyone recommend a budget supplier?

Thanks to both John and Andy.

Embarrassingly but fortunately the connector seems to have sprung back
into place and the connection is working again.

Of course, in fixing the RJ45 socket I've disturbed one of the co-ax
aerial connections sharing the same 2 gang face plate so I need to fix
that now.

SOP for DIY, unfortunately.

Cheers

Dave R

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30 Apr 2019 17:42:03 GMT, David wrote:

Embarrassingly but fortunately the connector seems to have sprung back
into place and the connection is working again.

I was going to say give the jammed up wire contact a gentle poke,
it'll unjam and the problem solved.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/04/2019 18:42, David wrote:
Of course, in fixing the RJ45 socket I've disturbed one of the co-ax
aerial connections sharing the same 2 gang face plate so I need to fix
that now.

SOP for DIY, unfortunately.

# Oh it all makes work for the working man to do
Posted to uk.d-i-y
jkn jkn is offline

On Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at 6:04:45 PM UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 30/04/2019 17:07, David wrote:

The ones I want are the modular type which clip into a faceplate.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CAT5e-SOCKET-MODULE-MODULAR-OUTLET/dp/B008N9LYI2

seems to be what I want; can't remember them being that expensive.

Anyone recommend a budget supplier?

These folks are good, and the Excel range of acessories are good quality
and nice to wi

https://www.comms-express.com/produc...ttered-module/

I have just bought some of these, on the recommendation of the team.

Probably a dumb question, but how is the cable tie supposed to work?

Thanks
J^n
Posted to uk.d-i-y
jkn jkn is offline

On Friday, May 10, 2019 at 4:26:45 PM UTC+1, jkn wrote:
On Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at 6:04:45 PM UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 30/04/2019 17:07, David wrote:

The ones I want are the modular type which clip into a faceplate.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CAT5e-SOCKET-MODULE-MODULAR-OUTLET/dp/B008N9LYI2

seems to be what I want; can't remember them being that expensive.

Anyone recommend a budget supplier?

These folks are good, and the Excel range of acessories are good quality
and nice to wi

https://www.comms-express.com/produc...ttered-module/

I have just bought some of these, on the recommendation of the team.

Probably a dumb question, but how is the cable tie supposed to work?

Thanks
J^n

Scratch that, I've worked it out. The slot under the concave cable moulding
was hiding from me (and others).

Friday afternoon...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/05/2019 16:38, jkn wrote:
[...]

Yup, cable in from the side, lay it in the trough, and cable tie under
the trough and over the cable.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jkn jkn is offline

Hi John

On Friday, May 10, 2019 at 11:49:17 PM UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 10/05/2019 16:38, jkn wrote:
[...]

Yeah - I just couldn't see that you could go *under* the trough; I was looking for a couple of holes or similar.

The IT dept. at work were similarly stumped, but I guess they wanted to go home as well...

Cheers
J^n

RJ45 Cat5e plugs RobH UK diy 41 January 27th 19 10:35 PM
splicing Cat5E patch cable to an RJ45 socket Adam Funk[_3_] UK diy 13 June 11th 15 11:43 AM
Supply Keystone Jack Faceplate,modular faceplate,RJ45 Faceplate,Single Gang Faceplate,double gang faceplate,avaya faceplate,amp faceplate,icc faceplate,cat5e faceplate,network faceplate,angled faceplate [email protected] Woodturning 1 April 23rd 06 10:09 PM
Supply 24 Port Patch Panels,24 Patch Panels,24 Port UTP Patch Panels,24 Port Cat5e Patch Panels,RJ45 Patch Panels,Modular Patch Panels [email protected] Home Repair 0 April 1st 06 09:28 AM
Supply Cat5e FTP Patch Panels,Cat 5e FTP Patch Panels,Cat5e Shieldes Pat [email protected] UK diy 0 March 15th 06 01:22 PM