Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default My First Punch and Die - Makers & Builders

On Sat, 27 Apr 2019 10:39:45 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

On Sat, 27 Apr 2019 10:18:16 -0400
Ed Huntress wrote:

On Sat, 27 Apr 2019 07:47:21 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

[...]

That was little different from the chances an aviator of the time
willingly risked.

Right. And I sometimes wonder what the hell went through their heads.

That the odds were for those "other" guys. It wasn't going to happen to
them...

Yeah, some version of that. But there must have been more. Stirling
Moss, the great race car driver, said that the danger was a big part
of the atraction for him. He was drawn to it.

I don't get it. My personal risk/reward ratio doesn't include getting
off on risks for the sake of thrills.

That's why I don't go rock climbing. g

--
Ed Huntress