Frogleg

Default What to do with Wet Carpet in a house?

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 09:24:26 -0600, "TURTLE"
wrote:

"Frogleg" wrote

I have State
Farm ins. and they were exemplary in a recent hurricane that produced
widespread damage. My problems were different (fallen trees and small
roof damage), but an inspector was out and I had an adequate check in
hand before the power was back on.

All of State Farms policys now say repair or replace now
after paying off on the Hurricans and Damage of storms
in the latest big
cost pay outs. State Farm got hurt with the Fla. and
Louisiana Hurricans. They are now making up for it
with this repair or replace
policy. When they get their money back for having to
replace your house after the hurrican when the News
and newspapers was watching
them.

I'm not sure I understand your point. Do you mean they're opting more
to 'repair' instead of 'replace'? I.e., your carpet? While your case
seems unfortunate (and unfair, in that a soaked carpet that's been
sitting around for a week or so is unlikely to be adequately
'repaired'), there were people around here complaining that their ins.
wouldn't pay for a new fence when a couple of boards had been knocked
down. Rates are high enough as it is.