Posted to alt.home.repair
RJD00IS RJD00IS is offline

Default What is the exact tap & die size for a USA garden hose thread (it's not NH)

replying to Brent, RJD00IS wrote:
But, does anyone truly know what GHT taps and die sizes are (and where we can

get a real GHT tap and die set)?
Right now Amazon.com has a GHT die for chasing threads called "Superior Tool
05265 Mr. Thread Cleaner" made from Hardened plated steel for corrosion
resistance for under $20. For a Male Tap I purchased a Stainless Steel 3/4
NPT to 3/4 GHT adapter from eBay for about $8 and took my Dremel Rotary Tool
and cut angled slots on the side of the GHT threads to make it look and work
like a tap. While both these items Tap and Die may not be used for cutting
new threads where none exist, it works great for cleaning up existing and
damaged threads and for a very small cost, considering you can use these again
and again to clean up both male and female Garden Hose Ends as well as
faucets. You may even be able to help your neighbors hose ends as well with
yours.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ea-458832-.htm