TURTLE

Default What to do with Wet Carpet in a house?

"Frogleg" wrote in message ...
On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 04:45:38 -0600, "TURTLE"
wrote:

4) What is your thoughts on relaying wet carpet ?

TURTLE

Check back with your insurance company. Not the local who gave you a
lot of guff, but the corporate site. Check your policy to determine
exactly what's covered. Insurance has some very weird provisions and
conditions -- water damage from overhead is different than damage from
rising water is different than backed-up plumbing, etc. I have State
Farm ins. and they were exemplary in a recent hurricane that produced
widespread damage. My problems were different (fallen trees and small
roof damage), but an inspector was out and I had an adequate check in
hand before the power was back on.

A thoroughly wet carpet that's been waiting for inspection for a week
or more is essentially toast. (I *hope* there are no moles in there.)
Inspect your policy and get in touch with the head office.

This is turtle.

All of State Farms policys now say repair or replace now after paying off on the Hurricans and Damage of storms in the latest big
cost pay outs. State Farm got hurt with the Fla. and Louisiana Hurricans. They are now making up for it with this repair or replace
policy. When they get their money back for having to replace your house after the hurrican when the News and newspapers was watching
them.

TURTLE