Posted to alt.home.repair
3 Stand Owner 3 Stand Owner is offline

Default Aluminum umbrella pole too small for existing, wider diameter, wooden pole holder

Most new *patio umbrellas* have *aluminum poles*. My existing, heavy umbrella
holders were made for the larger, *wooden poles*. I have too much money tied
up in existing umbrella holders (over $300) to be replacing them. How can I
still use the existing holders without the aluminum poles' looking lost in
them or leaning "off vertical" after a wind? Someone suggested PVC pipe, but
I don't think there's a size that would fit inside the old holder and remain
large enough to insert the aluminum umbrella pole. I have seen a
plastic-looking top piece adapter, on-line, but I cannot see that it will be
strong enough to hold the pole vertically in place, in even a modest breeze.
It looks like it is just a decorative piece for covering the extra space
around the aluminum umbrella pole. Help! :0

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...e-1189823-.htm