Posted to alt.home.repair
Peeler[_3_] Peeler[_3_] is offline

On Wed, 24 Apr 2019 04:21:49 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Tithing is Old Testament.

Its also used by some christian sects.

Christians are asked to give as we are able.

That varys with the christian sect.

There isn't some big, ugly guy standing at the door collecting a cover
charge.

There isnt with the jews either, or the
muslims or the eastern religions either.

I've never heard of anyone getting kicked out for being a cheap skate.

Then you need to get out more, particularly observing
how some christian sects operate in the regard.

They do keep track at my church.

Funny that.

I think it's just for tax purposes as it's not published.

No requirement to track who donates what for tax purposes.

I don't see Christian giving as strictly to a church.

It isnt for the jews either.

Giving to something like flood relief counts if someone is keeping track
and wants to use the 10% Old
Testament tithing tradition as his personal standard.

It¢s a lot more than just a personal standard with some christian sects.

Wow, seems you were lucky to have found some simpleton who took your latest
bait, senile Rodent! Eh? Gonna be interesting for how long THIS "discussion"
will go on. BG

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."