Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] russellseaton1@yahoo.com is offline

Default Should I buy a Shopsmith scrollsaw Model 555272

On Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at 5:49:19 AM UTC-5, Dr. Deb wrote:
On Monday, April 22, 2019 at 7:52:09 PM UTC-5, www.ttdown.com wrote:
I have a chance to purchase a used Shopsmith scrollsaw Model 555272.
It is the stand alone model

It all depends on whether you need a $100 tablesaw or not

I am guessing the better question is whether he needs a $105 SCROLLSAW. Tablesaws have nothing to do with his question. So, do you need, want a scrollsaw for the detailed intricate cutting it does? If so then get it. Tools breaking is not a huge problem in the world. Yes some do break. But generally its new ones. Not ancient old tools that have already been used hundreds of hours already. They are well broken in and have proven they are tough enough to handle their jobs.