Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Happy Easter

On 04/23/2019 12:25 AM, T wrote:
The Jewish temples do need to fund their operations somehow.
But it does seem a bit odd from a Christian standpoint, especially
since we came from them.

Christian churches seem to do alright though I doubt tithing is as
popular as it used to be. There are a number of large, new churches in
this area of some sort of generic protestant flavor. The mainline
denominations aren't expanding. A friend who is more wired into church
stuff told me when the Slavic Pentacostals built their church it was
designed to be literally the biggest church in town. They seem to fill
their parking lot on Sundays and one weekday evening, Wednesday I think.

There is a small Jewish congregation that survives. I'm surprised they
can muster up a minyan.