Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Support for hammock

A friend wants to use a tree in her garden (about 7€ diameter) and an
existing 4€*4€ fencepost to support her hammock.

I think the tree will be okay but I have grave doubts about the wisdom of
using the fence post. Now the angle of pull will be at about 45 degrees to
the fence so its not going to pull it straight over but my gut feeling is
that this isnt a good idea.

What would be €œadequate€ dimensions for a post to support one end of a
hammock. My friend doesnt weigh much but I think it ought to be over
specced to cope with occasional abuse by offspring.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls