Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Family circle

I got accused of this simply because I put her details into a search engine
to see what she was doing now and wished her well at Christmas. People are
very touchy about this stuff. I think they have heard and seen to many
horror stories. If you want to use the facilities of the internet etc for
free you have to acknowledge that the system uses your data. Some of the
more subtle ones are the streaming services through the phone which if you
have the stamina to read through the legal stuff basically says we track you
we know your email address and know what you listen and watch and will pass
all of this on so you can use the free service. Sadly, even if yu pay you
seem to still be tracked and I think that is where this stuff is morally
wrong.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
On Sunday, 21 April 2019 17:28:14 UTC+1, Bill wrote:
I've just been invited by a younger family member to join their Life360
Circle. I have responded by declining citing security worries.

The concept seems to be that you can download their app and see where
all the family members are at any given time.

To save battery, it uses a mix of GPS and cell positioning, if I
understand correctly. 2 family members use non-smart phones, and not
sure it would work with them.

Reviews look fairly negative, but many seem to be from those accused of
cheating by spouses.

There seems little info on what data is collected and whether it is sold
on.

After my "No thanks", he has backed away from persuasion, but I wondered
whether anyone here has tried or uses this app.

A stalking app eh