Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Venting bathroom fan to ridge vent - is it ok?

On Saturday, April 20, 2019 at 4:44:05 PM UTC-4, CarolinaMike wrote:
replying to HerHusband, CarolinaMike wrote:
I was looking for a solution to bathroom venting without penetrating my new
roof. The roofer recommended soffit venting, but I feared moisture coming back
into the attic. Gable venting makes the most sense and I thank you for the
solution. A little slope and probably a dryer vent cover with flap. Makes
sense to me. Thanks.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ok-581636-.htm

What's the issue with penetrating the roof? As long as it's done correctly
there is no issue. And with new shingles it's even less of an issue, it's
very simple. Of course it would have been better to resolve all roof issues
before the shingle job.