Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Battery Eliminator for AVO 8?

In article ,
wrote:

Hi All,

It‘s many a year since my AVO 8 saw active service, but I dug it out the
other day and would like to start using it again.

But rather than obtaining a 15V battery, I‘d like to use a PSU (assuming
I have / can find something to give the right bolts, and assuming youse
can tell me which way around to connect it (All I see is two metal
plates where it should go in the battery compartment (the 1.5V cell is
still in place and working after 15 years storage!).

What does the team think?

My thoughts are an AVO which needed a mains supply rather pointless. Given
you can buy far more accurate bench top mains powered units for not a lot,
if it's only ever going to be used where you can plug it in.

AVO batteries last a long time. The 1.5v cell is cheap. The 15v once can
be made up from button cells.

--
*The beatings will continue until morale improves *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.