Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] spuorgelgoog@gowanhill.com is offline

Default Battery Eliminator for AVO 8?

On Friday, 19 April 2019 16:03:23 UTC+1, wrote:
Its many a year since my AVO 8 saw active service, but I dug it out the
other day and would like to start using it again.
But rather than obtaining a 15V battery, Id like to use a PSU (assuming
I have / can find something to give the right bolts, and assuming youse
can tell me which way around to connect it

Batteries are available on Ebay for about six quid inc postage.

you can wire two 9 volt PP3 batteries in series with a 5v zener diode, insulate the metal cases and slide them in sideways between the contacts for the correct battery.
http://www.richardsradios.co.uk/avo8.html
(and a lot more information)

AVO VC1 eliminator

http://www.richardsradios.co.uk/vc1.html