Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Maytag Oven problem

On 4/19/19 6:26 AM, Frank wrote:
On 4/18/2019 8:47 PM, philo wrote:
On 4/18/19 7:19 PM, philo wrote:
On 4/18/19 6:49 PM, Frank wrote:
On 4/18/2019 7:44 PM, Frank wrote:
On 4/18/2019 7:19 PM, philo wrote:
Maytag *gas* oven model** MGR5765QDB

We are having trouble with our Maytag electric range and it is due
to faulty control (clock) panel and sensor in the oven.* It was
signaled by an error code.* Unfortunately electronics have shorted
the lives of today's appliances.* Previous oven had similar problem
and repair only lasted a year so we are looking for a new one.

If I were to do the repair myself, I would go to youtube videos for
help.

I see clock, like mine, is an expensive part:

https://www.partselect.com/Models/MG...e=Range&Mark=3

Looking like our sensor from the video, this was first thing
repairman tried and it only lasted 3 weeks.* Now he wants to put in
a clock.* No thanks.

Thanks for the fast reply.

To start out I have now checked the sensor and it measures approx 1 K
ohm which should be normal.

looks like the main control which is about $235

If I replace it myself and that does not solve it I'm screwed.

It's 14 years old so maybe time for new.

Will sleep on this

Did not sleep long, a whole new oven is $400

looks like I might as well just replace it

Ours is only 8 years old but I figure if like an old car and you spend a
lot for a repair and it only lasts a year you might as well buy new.

I wish we had gas as new electric burners as part of the glass surface
can be a big expense to repair.

I'm hoping the new electronics will last longer and if we did the repair
we would still be using old electronics.

Electric ovens are more expensive and wife is taking her time finding a
replacement.* It will not be a Maytag.

They used to be a good name, I guess not any more.

Anyway the new one was pretty cheap