Chris

Default Best (easiest) solution to fixing wiring bodge

Christian McArdle wrote:

Would it be acceptable to replace the terminal strip with a junction
box attached to the joist, and replace the flex with a length of T+E,
or do I need to do more

You can (and should) replace the chocolate block with a junction box, which
will be much safer.

Technically, being a concealed terminal block, you should retain some sort
of maintenance access by not covering your floorboards with laminate or
other hard to lift floor coverings. Alternatively, you can extend the cables
using crimps and run to the light fitting, where loop in terminals would be
accessible. Crimped connections may be concealed totally.

Christian.

Thanks Christian (and everyone else who has answered). The concealed
nature of the junction box was concerning me, but the only covering will
be the floorboards and carpet, so I should be ok.

Many thanks again everyone,

Chris.