Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Today I had my first experience with rubber

On Thursday, 18 April 2019 23:40:19 UTC+1, Marland wrote:
tabbypurr wrote:
On Thursday, 18 April 2019 21:14:57 UTC+1, wrote:
On Thursday, 18 April 2019 21:04:16 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:

You sure its rubber? I've not seen rubber on cables for many years.

The cable wasn't rubber, but I used the rubber self-amalgamating tape to
make a new rubbery cover over the lamp where I had to saw it open to redo the connections.

Owain

Rubber flexible cable is still used. We have plenty of it

I prefer it for extension leads as it is more flexible than PVC so it lies
tidier, PVC doesnt always and can in some circumstances be a trip hazard
when it doesnt lie close to the ground.

GH

They used to make flex with string in it. It sat much better, and of course saved on plastic. Why does no-one do that now?

NT