Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default Opinions for Wheel Barrow Handles

"Sonny" wrote in message

Have two 5-6 cu ft wheel barrows, each with a broken handle. I don't have
appropriate hickory, but do have several 5" X 5" X 10' rough cut ash.

Would ash be reasonably strong/durable for making handles? I'm suspecting
so, since ash is used for baseball bats. It's been a long while since
I've looked at the ash, but I suppose there is some straight grained stuff
among the 5Xs.

Thanks.
Sonny

Just a thought...

Do you need two wheel barrows? Cannibalize one to fix the other?

I just cannibalized a wheel barrow with a broken pan to fix two... my
brother's and my father's. Handles to one and the tire to the other.