Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Maytag Oven problem

On 4/18/2019 7:44 PM, Frank wrote:
On 4/18/2019 7:19 PM, philo wrote:
Maytag *gas* oven model** MGR5765QDB

We are having trouble with our Maytag electric range and it is due to
faulty control (clock) panel and sensor in the oven.* It was signaled by
an error code.* Unfortunately electronics have shorted the lives of
today's appliances.* Previous oven had similar problem and repair only
lasted a year so we are looking for a new one.

If I were to do the repair myself, I would go to youtube videos for help.

I see clock, like mine, is an expensive part:

https://www.partselect.com/Models/MG...e=Range&Mark=3

Looking like our sensor from the video, this was first thing repairman
tried and it only lasted 3 weeks. Now he wants to put in a clock. No
thanks.