Posted to rec.woodworking
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Opinions for Wheel Barrow Handles

On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 11:20:16 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/18/2019 9:59 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:
Sonny wrote:

Have two 5-6 cu ft wheel barrows, each with a broken handle. I don't have appropriate hickory, but do have several 5" X 5" X 10' rough cut ash.

Would ash be reasonably strong/durable for making handles? I'm suspecting so, since ash is used for baseball bats. It's been a long while since I've looked at the ash, but I suppose there is some straight grained stuff among the 5Xs.

Thanks.
Sonny

another suggestion - steel replacement handeles

https://www.lowes.com/pd/True-Temper...Handle/1086223

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Truper-60-i...Handle/4363209
https://mobileimages.lowes.com/produ...5625031808.jpg

Not a good idea. Could not send my wife out to do the yard work in a
thunderstorm with metal handles.

Just put an all steel wheel on it the the oldy-timey ones had. That
way it will be well grounded!