Posted to alt.home.repair
Teresa Maynot Teresa Maynot is offline

Default What sort of outlet pressure can a sump-pump generate?

On 4/18/19 8:47 AM, Art Todesco wrote:
On 4/18/2019 7:50 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 4/16/19 5:39 PM, wrote:
Hi! This is a bit of a long shot as I know this thread is old, but I was just wondering if you ever figured out a solution for your rain barrel?

I'm in a similar situation... My rain barrel just drains so SLOWLY. I'd like to hook up a proper hose and nozzle, or even a sprinkler...

Did a sump pump work?

I was thinking of cutting open the lid of mine to make it removable, that way I could completely submerged the pump.

I'd love to hear from you! Thanks!

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Just how big is this rain barrel?Â*Â* A barrel in my world is usually 55 gallons.
It's about waist high and maybe a couple feet in diameter. The definition gets
a little loose after that.Â*Â* The words tank and barrel are sometimes used
Â*Â*interchangeably.

And to beat the dead horse even deader, Harbor Freight has a shallow well pump for $160 at
https://www.harborfreight.com/1-hp-s...gph-63407.html.

Also, as to regular sump pumps, I have an on-top-of-the-basement-floor sump tank that takes water from a sink in the basement.Â* I used an old sump pump to pump the water up about 9' and dump it outside.Â* It goes out through a 1" PVC pipe and comes out
with considerable pressure.Â* But I really don't know any specifics of the pump, like the max head that it can pump.Â* If the pump's max head lift is 10', that would calculate down to about 4 psi at the pump.Â* Most are higher than 10'.Â* If it were 20', the
pressure would be about 8 psi at the pump.

And 3rdly, an RV pump might work for this dead horse.Â* There are several pumps at http://goldmine-elec-products.com/ that could work.

Prolly just another drive-by question from the homo-click-bait-hub