Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K.. Jim K.. is offline

Default bloody dishwasher design

Tim Streater Wrote in message:
In article , The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 18/04/2019 10:46, tim... wrote:

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , tim...
wrote:

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , tim...
wrote:

I have a new dishwasher

It has a cutlery box that has a cover on it with little slots in it
for you to inset your knives etc

these slots are far to small to hold a cooking implement (or for
that matter a knife with an oversize handle) so there is nowhere in
my dishwasher to put said implements

who designs these sodding things

Or get a d/w with a cutlery shelf, like our new Bosch.

oh yeah.

I'm going to throw away a week old DW and buy a new one to solve this
problem

Why didn't you check into what's available in detail before purchase
then?

cos it's a minor detail that you probably wouldn't look at before purchase

took me ages to find a cutlery tray washer. Most important feature

And, it's a "minor detail" we certainly *did* look at before purchase.
Although you have to know such things exist (see post from a day or so
ago). Our Wren Kitchens design consultant didn't know, for example.

The trouble with cutlery baskets is:

1) lidless - all the cuttles are in contact with each other and don't
necessarily get washed properly.

2) lidfull - the lid has slots for the cutlery items instead of round
holes. So a knife goes in the slot and when you go to pull it out
later, it has rotated a bit and won't come out of the slot easily. If
you're *really* lucky, you pull the lid off with the knife and spray
clean cutlery all over the floor.

Shurely you don't still do that after the first time ?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/