Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default bloody dishwasher design

I have a new dishwasher

It has a cutlery box that has a cover on it with little slots in it for you
to inset your knives etc

these slots are far to small to hold a cooking implement (or for that matter
a knife with an oversize handle) so there is nowhere in my dishwasher to put
said implements

who designs these sodding things

****s!

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 17 April 2019 18:07:57 UTC+1, tim... wrote:
I have a new dishwasher

It has a cutlery box that has a cover on it with little slots in it for you
to inset your knives etc

these slots are far to small to hold a cooking implement (or for that matter
a knife with an oversize handle) so there is nowhere in my dishwasher to put
said implements

who designs these sodding things

****s!

tim

you can't open the cover? If not, lie em down is the best bet,

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 17 April 2019 18:07:57 UTC+1, tim... wrote:
I have a new dishwasher

It has a cutlery box that has a cover on it with little slots in it for you
to inset your knives etc

these slots are far to small to hold a cooking implement (or for that matter
a knife with an oversize handle) so there is nowhere in my dishwasher to put
said implements

who designs these sodding things

****s!

tim

or get a different cutlery container
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tim..." Wrote in message:
I have a new dishwasher

It has a cutlery box that has a cover on it with little slots in it for you
to inset your knives etc

these slots are far to small to hold a cooking implement (or for that matter
a knife with an oversize handle) so there is nowhere in my dishwasher to put
said implements

who designs these sodding things

****s!

tim

Put the knives in blade first?
Put the forks & spoons in handle first?
Or take the top grills off?
(Mine fold away and slide down the ends of the cutlery baskets but
cleaning is not 100% as things touch more)
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Wednesday, 17 April 2019 18:07:57 UTC+1, tim... wrote:
I have a new dishwasher

It has a cutlery box that has a cover on it with little slots in it for
you
to inset your knives etc

these slots are far to small to hold a cooking implement (or for that
matter
a knife with an oversize handle) so there is nowhere in my dishwasher to
put
said implements

who designs these sodding things

****s!

tim

you can't open the cover?

Haven't managed it yet

but even if I can get the cover off, the basket underneath is
un-compartmentalised

If not, lie em down is the best bet,

but where

the bottom rack doesn't have a clean straight run

and the top rack is full of other stuff

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tim... wrote:
I have a new dishwasher

It has a cutlery box that has a cover on it with little slots in it for you
to inset your knives etc

these slots are far to small to hold a cooking implement (or for that matter
a knife with an oversize handle) so there is nowhere in my dishwasher to put
said implements

who designs these sodding things

Who buys things without checking such details first.

****s!

GH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , tim...
wrote:

I have a new dishwasher

It has a cutlery box that has a cover on it with little slots in it for
you to inset your knives etc

these slots are far to small to hold a cooking implement (or for that
matter a knife with an oversize handle) so there is nowhere in my
dishwasher to put said implements

who designs these sodding things

Throw the cover away?

see other reply

Or get a d/w with a cutlery shelf, like our new Bosch.

oh yeah.

I'm going to throw away a week old DW and buy a new one to solve this
problem

Quite apart from the fact that I am not in the market for a Bosch in the
first place.

It's a bit of a
faff to load but does mean that the whole of the bottom layer is
dedicated to plates etc.

I don't need extra space for plates

I need space for utensils and pots and pans.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim K.." wrote in message
o.uk...
"tim..." Wrote in message:
I have a new dishwasher

It has a cutlery box that has a cover on it with little slots in it for
you
to inset your knives etc

these slots are far to small to hold a cooking implement (or for that
matter
a knife with an oversize handle) so there is nowhere in my dishwasher to
put
said implements

who designs these sodding things

****s!

tim

Put the knives in blade first?

even blade first, some are too big

Put the forks & spoons in handle first?
Or take the top grills off?

singular, one grill across the whole of the basket

(Mine fold away and slide down the ends of the cutlery baskets but
cleaning is not 100% as things touch more)

I never had a problem with previous DWs when putting all the cutlery
together in the same basket (split into 4)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/04/2019 18:06, tim... wrote:
I have a new dishwasher

It has a cutlery box that has a cover on it with little slots in it for
you to inset your knives etc

these slots are far to small to hold a cooking implement (or for that
matter a knife with an oversize handle) so there is nowhere in my
dishwasher to put said implements

who designs these sodding things

I put those on the 2nd basket.

--
Email does not work
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Marland" wrote in message
tim... wrote:
I have a new dishwasher

It has a cutlery box that has a cover on it with little slots in it for
you
to inset your knives etc

these slots are far to small to hold a cooking implement (or for that
matter
a knife with an oversize handle) so there is nowhere in my dishwasher to
put
said implements

who designs these sodding things

Who buys things without checking such details first.

online shoppers

****s!

GH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tim... wrote:

"Marland" wrote in message
tim... wrote:
I have a new dishwasher

It has a cutlery box that has a cover on it with little slots in it for
you
to inset your knives etc

these slots are far to small to hold a cooking implement (or for that
matter
a knife with an oversize handle) so there is nowhere in my dishwasher to
put
said implements

who designs these sodding things

Who buys things without checking such details first.

online shoppers

****s!

GH

If it wasnt clear how it functioned from the descriptions and photos have
you a case for returning it under the distant selling regulations or have
you had it too long since delivery?

GH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/04/2019 19:31, tim... wrote:
I'm going to throw away a week old DW and buy a new one to solve this
problem

just buy a third party cutlery basket

or send the ****ing thing back as not fit for purpose

--
€œIdeas are inherently conservative. They yield not to the attack of
other ideas but to the massive onslaught of circumstance"

- John K Galbraith

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 17 Apr 2019 18:45:09 +0000, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , tim...
wrote:

I have a new dishwasher

It has a cutlery box that has a cover on it with little slots in it for
you to inset your knives etc

these slots are far to small to hold a cooking implement (or for that
matter a knife with an oversize handle) so there is nowhere in my
dishwasher to put said implements

who designs these sodding things

Throw the cover away?

Or get a d/w with a cutlery shelf, like our new Bosch. It's a bit of a
faff to load but does mean that the whole of the bottom layer is
dedicated to plates etc.

That's what we have. I have found that if the top basket is filled with
cups, insufficient water reaches the cutlery and it isn't always
completely cleaned.

But generally better than the basket our previous D/W had.

As for checking stuff out in shops... ao.com have a lot of videos for the
products they sell, where someone 'shows you round' the appliance.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/04/2019 18:06, tim... wrote:
I have a new dishwasher

It has a cutlery box that has a cover on it with little slots in it for
you to inset your knives etc

these slots are far to small to hold a cooking implement (or for that
matter a knife with an oversize handle) so there is nowhere in my
dishwasher to put said implements

who designs these sodding things

****s!

tim

chinky's use chopsticks
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Something you maybe should have checked before buying. Maybe they are using
their own standard cutlery.
One of the many reasons why I never ever got a dishwasher.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"tim..." wrote in message
I have a new dishwasher

It has a cutlery box that has a cover on it with little slots in it for
you to inset your knives etc

these slots are far to small to hold a cooking implement (or for that
matter a knife with an oversize handle) so there is nowhere in my
dishwasher to put said implements

who designs these sodding things

****s!

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 17/04/2019 18:06, tim... wrote:
I have a new dishwasher

It has a cutlery box that has a cover on it with little slots in it for
you to inset your knives etc

these slots are far to small to hold a cooking implement (or for that
matter a knife with an oversize handle) so there is nowhere in my
dishwasher to put said implements

who designs these sodding things

****s!

chinky's use chopsticks

But they dont fit in the cutlery basket either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I have a new dishwasher

It has a cutlery box that has a cover on it with little slots in it for
you to inset your knives etc

these slots are far to small to hold a cooking implement (or for that
matter a knife with an oversize handle) so there is nowhere in my
dishwasher to put said implements

who designs these sodding things

Or get a d/w with a cutlery shelf, like our new Bosch.

oh yeah.

I'm going to throw away a week old DW and buy a new one to solve this
problem

Why didn't you check into what's available in detail before purchase
then?

cos it's a minor detail that you probably wouldn't look at before purchase

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 17/04/2019 18:06, tim... wrote:
I have a new dishwasher

It has a cutlery box that has a cover on it with little slots in it for
you to inset your knives etc

these slots are far to small to hold a cooking implement (or for that
matter a knife with an oversize handle) so there is nowhere in my
dishwasher to put said implements

who designs these sodding things

****s!

tim

Out of interest, which make and model is this?

You didn't keep the cutlery basket from the old dishwasher?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I have a new dishwasher

It has a cutlery box that has a cover on it with little slots in it for
you to inset your knives etc

these slots are far to small to hold a cooking implement (or for that
matter a knife with an oversize handle) so there is nowhere in my
dishwasher to put said implements

who designs these sodding things

Or get a d/w with a cutlery shelf, like our new Bosch.

oh yeah.

I'm going to throw away a week old DW and buy a new one to solve this
problem

Why didn't you check into what's available in detail before purchase
then?

cos it's a minor detail that you probably wouldn't look at before purchase

tim

What is there to look for?
does it fit my space, what plumbing and drainage does it need, how much
water and power does it use ,what type of cleaning agents does it use.
Will it take what I want to fit in it.

Its hardly a long list and for a minor detail appears to have caused some
stress enough to bring it up on here,
having a rant about it is fine but blaming designers for your lack of
preparation is a poor excuse.
The fault is yours.
As NP suggested just get a third party basket or for DIY a suitable size
Tupperware box and drill some holes in it. oh and leave the lid Off.

GH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/04/2019 11:26, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Wed, 17 Apr 2019 23:08:53 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 17/04/2019 19:31, tim... wrote:
I'm going to throw away a week old DW and buy a new one to solve this
problem

just buy a third party cutlery basket

The existence of such things suggest there's a known issue with originals
being ****.

everything about modern dishwashers is ****.

The pumps break, the plastic bits break, the whirly bits don't and the
spray bars get clogged

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-D.../dp/B0019Y4138

It;s only a fiver..

or condoning; the full, exact, specific meaning of collectivism, of its
logical implications, of the principles upon which it is based, and of
the ultimate consequences to which these principles will lead. They must
face it, then decide whether this is what they want or not.

Ayn Rand.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I have a new dishwasher

It has a cutlery box that has a cover on it with little slots in it
for you to inset your knives etc

these slots are far to small to hold a cooking implement (or for
that matter a knife with an oversize handle) so there is nowhere in
my dishwasher to put said implements

who designs these sodding things

Or get a d/w with a cutlery shelf, like our new Bosch.

oh yeah.

I'm going to throw away a week old DW and buy a new one to solve this
problem

Why didn't you check into what's available in detail before purchase
then?

cos it's a minor detail that you probably wouldn't look at before purchase

took me ages to find a cutlery tray washer. Most important feature

tim

or condoning; the full, exact, specific meaning of collectivism, of its
logical implications, of the principles upon which it is based, and of
the ultimate consequences to which these principles will lead. They must
face it, then decide whether this is what they want or not.

Ayn Rand.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/04/2019 12:55, Tim Streater wrote:

wrote:

I have a new dishwasher

It has a cutlery box that has a cover on it with little slots in
it for you to inset your knives etc

these slots are far to small to hold a cooking implement (or for
that matter a knife with an oversize handle) so there is nowhere
in my dishwasher to put said implements

who designs these sodding things

Or get a d/w with a cutlery shelf, like our new Bosch.

oh yeah.

I'm going to throw away a week old DW and buy a new one to solve
this problem

Why didn't you check into what's available in detail before purchase
then?

cos it's a minor detail that you probably wouldn't look at before
purchase

took me ages to find a cutlery tray washer. Most important feature

And, it's a "minor detail" we certainly *did* look at before purchase.
Although you have to know such things exist (see post from a day or so
ago). Our Wren Kitchens design consultant didn't know, for example.

The trouble with cutlery baskets is:

1) lidless - all the cuttles are in contact with each other and don't
necessarily get washed properly.

As long as it has compartments (ours has eight) and you ensure that you
don't put two spoons of the same size in the same compartment, there's
usually no problem. You *can* put mutliple spoons in one, as long as
there ares enough other items to prevent them "spooning".

2) lidfull - the lid has slots for the cutlery items instead of round
holes. So a knife goes in the slot and when you go to pull it out
later, it has rotated a bit and won't come out of the slot easily. If
you're *really* lucky, you pull the lid off with the knife and spray
clean cutlery all over the floor.

Ours previous one had slide-over slotted lids - we never used them.

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Shurely you don't still do that after the first time ?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

What is there to look for?
does it fit my space, what plumbing and drainage does it need, how
much water and power does it use ,what type of cleaning agents does it
use.

All pretty standard!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 19:25:30 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

who designs these sodding things

****s!

chinky's use chopsticks

But they don¢t fit in the cutlery basket either.

In auto-contradicting mode again, senile Rodent? G

--
Bod addressing abnormal senile quarreller Rot:
"Do you practice arguing with yourself in an empty room?"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

Something you maybe should have checked before buying.
Maybe they are using their own standard cutlery.

One of the many reasons why I never ever got a dishwasher.

Makes more sense to check before getting one.

"tim..." wrote in message
I have a new dishwasher

It has a cutlery box that has a cover on it with little slots in it for
you to inset your knives etc

these slots are far to small to hold a cooking implement (or for that
matter a knife with an oversize handle) so there is nowhere in my
dishwasher to put said implements

who designs these sodding things

****s!

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/04/2019 19:31, tim... wrote:
I'm going to throw away a week old DW and buy a new one to solve this
problem

just buy a third party cutlery basket

The existence of such things suggest there's a known issue with originals
being ****.

Nope, just that not everyone wants the same thing
in cutlery basket and there are very few third party
cutlery baskets anyway, most of them are just
replacement for the original of a different model
of dishwasher.

or send the ****ing thing back as not fit for purpose

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 19 Apr 2019 03:28:26 +1000, Jac Brown, better known as cantankerous

The existence of such things suggest there's a known issue with originals
being ****.

Nope,

LOL Auto-contradicting senile asshole!

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 19 Apr 2019 02:49:59 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Something you maybe should have checked before buying.
Maybe they are using their own standard cutlery.

One of the many reasons why I never ever got a dishwasher.

Makes more sense to check before getting one.

Auto-contradicting again, you clinically insane obnoxious senile pest?

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 18 April 2019 10:25:43 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 17/04/2019 18:06, tim... wrote:

I have a new dishwasher

It has a cutlery box that has a cover on it with little slots in it for
you to inset your knives etc

these slots are far to small to hold a cooking implement (or for that
matter a knife with an oversize handle) so there is nowhere in my
dishwasher to put said implements

who designs these sodding things

****s!

chinky's use chopsticks

But they dont fit in the cutlery basket either.

I've had plenty of chopsticks in the cutlery basket in the dishwasher.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 17/04/2019 18:06, tim... wrote:

I have a new dishwasher

It has a cutlery box that has a cover on it with little slots in it
for
you to inset your knives etc

these slots are far to small to hold a cooking implement (or for that
matter a knife with an oversize handle) so there is nowhere in my
dishwasher to put said implements

who designs these sodding things

****s!

chinky's use chopsticks

But they dont fit in the cutlery basket either.

I've had plenty of chopsticks in the cutlery basket in the dishwasher.

Dont believe you have had in chinkys in the cutlery basket.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 19 Apr 2019 09:02:30 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

FLUSH senile asshole's troll****

**** off from normally evolved humans' ngs, you abnormal senile trolling
cretin!