Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default bloody dishwasher design

On 18/04/2019 12:55, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 18/04/2019 10:46, tim... wrote:

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , tim...
wrote:

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , tim...
wrote:

I have a new dishwasher

It has a cutlery box that has a cover on it with little slots in
it for you to inset your knives etc

these slots are far to small to hold a cooking implement (or for
that matter a knife with an oversize handle) so there is nowhere
in my dishwasher to put said implements

who designs these sodding things

Or get a d/w with a cutlery shelf, like our new Bosch.

oh yeah.

I'm going to throw away a week old DW and buy a new one to solve
this problem

Why didn't you check into what's available in detail before purchase
then?

cos it's a minor detail that you probably wouldn't look at before
purchase

took me ages to find a cutlery tray washer. Most important feature

And, it's a "minor detail" we certainly *did* look at before purchase.
Although you have to know such things exist (see post from a day or so
ago). Our Wren Kitchens design consultant didn't know, for example.

The trouble with cutlery baskets is:

1) lidless - all the cuttles are in contact with each other and don't
necessarily get washed properly.

As long as it has compartments (ours has eight) and you ensure that you
don't put two spoons of the same size in the same compartment, there's
usually no problem. You *can* put mutliple spoons in one, as long as
there ares enough other items to prevent them "spooning".

2) lidfull - the lid has slots for the cutlery items instead of round
holes. So a knife goes in the slot and when you go to pull it out
later, it has rotated a bit and won't come out of the slot easily. If
you're *really* lucky, you pull the lid off with the knife and spray
clean cutlery all over the floor.

Ours previous one had slide-over slotted lids - we never used them.

SteveW