Posted to uk.d-i-y
Marland Marland is offline

Default bloody dishwasher design

tim... wrote:

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , tim...
wrote:

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , tim...
wrote:

I have a new dishwasher

It has a cutlery box that has a cover on it with little slots in it for
you to inset your knives etc

these slots are far to small to hold a cooking implement (or for that
matter a knife with an oversize handle) so there is nowhere in my
dishwasher to put said implements

who designs these sodding things

Or get a d/w with a cutlery shelf, like our new Bosch.

oh yeah.

I'm going to throw away a week old DW and buy a new one to solve this
problem

Why didn't you check into what's available in detail before purchase
then?

cos it's a minor detail that you probably wouldn't look at before purchase

tim

What is there to look for?
does it fit my space, what plumbing and drainage does it need, how much
water and power does it use ,what type of cleaning agents does it use.
Will it take what I want to fit in it.

Its hardly a long list and for a minor detail appears to have caused some
stress enough to bring it up on here,
having a rant about it is fine but blaming designers for your lack of
preparation is a poor excuse.
The fault is yours.
As NP suggested just get a third party basket or for DIY a suitable size
Tupperware box and drill some holes in it. oh and leave the lid Off.

GH