Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Northfield jointer nearby?

On 4/17/2019 8:54 AM, Sonny wrote:
On Wednesday, April 17, 2019 at 8:06:23 AM UTC-5, dpb wrote:

Ended up renting a pallet mover because the barn is too low to get
anything any bigger inside...hopefully your shop lets something inside.

Probably won't go into the wood shop for a good while. Need to check everything out to get it in running shape. The barn has storage accommodations for the time being.

A few things/parts are broken, like a hand wheel, motor end cover, a spring loaded gadget on the side of a table. Dust chute needs some screws. I'll take pics and send to Northfield, get some prices and probably more advice.

The paint looks good, only dirty... dirt on the interior, also. Table tops look good, only surface rust on about half the surfaces. Seems the machine was under cover, not open to any weather.

I suspect the broken parts were broken recently, otherwise they would have been discarded long ago, maybe.

Be kewl to see...have you done search on the OWWM site to see if any
others been posted for the particular model? I know there are ones out
there, didn't check specifically for the pattern makers version.

Most of those things sound mostly cosmetic altho the broken handwheel is
so obvious that while it still works it just isn't pleasing...

So, did you get any real surprises like there being a knife grinder
attachment or the like?