Posted to uk.d-i-y
Freddie[_4_] Freddie[_4_] is offline

Default Anyone mended an Insinkerator Boiling Water Tap?

replying to Andrew Mawson, Freddie wrote:
Hi Andrew , Thanks for taking the trouble to highlight the typical corporate
stitchups ,and of course the remedy which I followed almost to a T but only
got to the nylon Mushroom cap and then decided to free that with WD40 and a
silicon release agent by rocol. Now I foolishly followed a orevious chaps
advice and done it with the water still on and youve guessed it went of f like
a geyser,had to quickly remove the Filter,any way compressing the piston
repeatedly for a few minutes freed up the valve then I rebuilt it ,noting the
shim under the lever assembly,I replaced the valve with a 19mm multi point
socket first inserting it and turning anti c/w tilI felt it drop in then
reversed turn to cw , no swearing here.
Kind regards Freddie of Thrapston UK

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...p-1025396-.htm