Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Northfield jointer nearby?

On 4/17/2019 4:42 AM, Sonny wrote:
On Wednesday, April 17, 2019 at 12:36:40 AM UTC-5, dpb wrote:

Did you get (maybe it was in earlier data but I don't recall it) a
weight on the beast from Northfield?

Didn't get that info from Jeff, but did via this chart on their website. 1825 lbs.
http://www.northfieldwoodworking.com/jointers/heavy.htm

Sonny

I thought it might be more than that, even...that's not too bad.

My first thought w/ the PM180 planer to put it back in the back of the
barn where I wanted it was to use the little JD 955 utility tractor that
will (just) go down the driveway and the 3pt bale mover...it couldn't
pick it up. It's a little over 1600 lb and that hydraulic maxes out at
about 1000 at the link I discovered...

Ended up renting a pallet mover because the barn is too low to get
anything any bigger inside...hopefully your shop lets something inside.