Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roy B[_2_] Roy B[_2_] is offline

Default how do I remove a B16 tapered chuck from its mandrel?

replying to Dave Liquorice, Roy B wrote:
For excellent removal of stuck parts, try a product called AeroKroil (The Oil
That Creeps), Orange Cans, Made by Kano Industries, KanoLaboratories.com Its
pricey but goes a long way and is an excellent stuck-parts loosener.
Close/almost the same is Kroil, and SiliKroil. Let it soak. I am in the same
situation of trying to remove a B16 Taper chuck from mp drill press. I'm
going to try steadying the top of the press and give the chuck a sharp tap
with a steep hammer. Use 2 hammers (one on each side) and tap sharply down at
the same time if possible. I'll try what I just advised. -Roy B.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...l-1190180-.htm