Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

Default Spare tyres and maximum speed limits

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Yes, but not useful for putting the nuts or bolts into.
often with fake hexagonal bolt heads moulded into it.

Cant say I have noticed any like that.

This is mine. https://i.postimg.cc/05tqWD2Z/20190417-114419.jpg

The whole of the silvery "metal" wheel and nuts is metallic-grey plastic
trim. On the rear of the trim, behind each "wheelnut", there is a moulded
plastic cylinder which fits over the real bolt head, so the positioning of
the trim has to be accurate: if the trim is rotated a bit, the cylinders
won't line up with the bolts.

I'd get most of it on except one part, but as soon as I pressed/hit it
there, another part would spring out. I tried subtlety and skill; I tried
brute force; I tried swearing at it with every bash and kick. Eventually
it went back on again, but it probably took about 15 minutes of
persistence.

Was this with the Peugeot or the Honda ?

That was with the Peugeot. I think the Honda has alloy wheels with exposed
bolt heads and no plastic trim - I've not actually looked, or at least I've
not remembered when I have looked. And it has the dreaded locking wheelnuts,
with a key that I had to hunt high and low for when I first took the car in
for a service because my wife hadn't put it in a sensible place (either in
the glove box or in the centre of the spare wheel with the jack and
wheelbrace).