Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave W[_2_] Dave W[_2_] is offline

Default PVC door wont open / unlock

On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 22:55:16 +0100, ss wrote:

On 16/04/2019 22:22, RJH wrote:
* Yale branded bought on ebay, came in what seemed to be Yale box with
Yale marked keys. But I think it could be a fake, if only because it's
always felt less smooth than an identical lock on another door, and it
lets draughts through the 'key hole' (the other doesn't).

I have plenty of spare euro locks from the time I was in to lock
picking as a hobby.
Interestingly enough when the key would only turn approx a quarter turn
thinking it was maybe the key I did manage to pick it with the same result.
Thats when I decided it was not the euro lock that was the problem.

Don't forget that you can't turn the key unless you've fully turned
the handle to the open position. If you haven't used the door for some
time I suspect the handle isn't fully open. I find opening and closing
the handle with a full thwack against its end stops helps.
--
Dave W