Shelagh Roberts

Default Cutting a tile in situ?

"Brian" wrote in message

"Shelagh Roberts" wrote in message
Hi,

dumb bunny moment #23 - stuck one more wall tile on than required and

now
it
is where a corner of the WHB should go.

Offered the WHB up, and it covers part of the tile, in a curve.

So:

do I remove the complete tile, fix the WHB , cut a curve out of a new

tile,
and fix it

or

do I cut a curve in the tile in situ, and remove part of the tile, then

fit
the WHB?

If so, how?

Cheers
Dave R
[on another computer]

Dave,

As suggested elsewhere, tile the wall completely (or enough to go behind

the
basin) and then fit the wash hand basin to the tiled surface.

You should then have enough room to seal the joint between the basin and
tiled wall either using tile cement or, (my preference) a silicone
anti-fungicidal mastic which can then be 'tooled off' to whatever shape

that
you want.

This is the easiest way of doing it with the minimum of tile cutting.

Brian

You're just trying to talk me out of buying a new tool :-)

O.K - thanks to all - will look at doing it that way!