Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_3_] Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_3_] is offline

Default PPE?

On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 08:21:40 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

In the local paper around 6 years ago a Polish builder slipped while doing
work on a neighbours roof in Surbiton and slipped off diagonally and went
straight through the next doors conservatory roof. He broke his leg and
suffered cuts and bruises. I never heard what happened but a simple safety
harness might have saved him.
Brian

Hmm,
nowhere in any risk assesment I have seen points out that a
safety harness carries it's own risks.

I have often questioned the practice of using PPE as a final solution
without regard to the actual risks of using the PPE itself.

Safety harnesses are well known producers of lactic acid incidentally.

AB